My husband became ill with a headache and lack of appetite on August 13. By Aug. 16 he had fever and no energy. I took him to a new NP I had just visited and she diagnosed him with Covid and gave him an IV cocktail of immune boosting vitamins including glutathione. He had a 101 fever and his oxygen saturation was 85.
She prescribed him Ivermectin , but Kroger and CVS refused to fill it. I spent a day and half trying to fill script and found an independent pharmacy who finally did. He got a little better and oxygen back to 90 but then slid downhill to 77 on Saturday, August 21 and I took him to ER at Baptist Health Louisville. I walked with him into ER . He was under his own power unaided.
The ER staff insisted he put his mask on and I objected because his oxygen was 77 when we left home. They called security on me because I kept objecting. They also bullied me to wear a mask and if it slipped they kept reminding me to pull it up. Staff asked him if he was vaccinated and he said No and would not get it.
They asked if he would agree to vent and stated emphatically No. They told him he would be a DNR and he said fine. They would not let me go back to be with him. My daughter is a former ICU and now a charge nurse in Pre/Post Op there. She arrived and they would not let her accompany him back to ER room. They told me i could wait at hospital or go home and doctor would call me later with results.
They gave him PCR test and he was positive but I never saw that test. He waited several hours before a bed was found on ICU for him. I waited at home for doctor to call me. ER doctor called late afternoon and said he was going to ICU and doctor from that unit would call with update.
I spoke with ICU pulmonary doctor next day and discussed Dan’s condition. Dan was doing ok and on oxygen. I asked doctor if he knew about the FLCCC hospital protocol for Covid patients. He wasn’t familiar but he knew who Dr. Paul Marek was and said he’d met him. I asked if I could send him email with all the FLCCC protocol and info and he agreed and gave me his email address.
I asked if he would at least give my husband a high dose IV C , zing, IV D3 and Vita B6 and also order Ivermectin because my husband had just begun dosing. Doctor said he would put order in for these and let me know if possible. We talked further and doctor stated he took oath to “Do No Harm”. I said Good!
That was my goal too and that I heard great things about Ivermectin and was a believer that it would help my husband get well and out of hospital. Doctor was not as confidant and said not enough studies and it was not recommended for covid. I told doctor that the EUA drug Remdesivir was dangerous and my husband and I did not want it given to my husband.
I said I knew 50% of people on the Ebola trial died from Remdesivir and that drug had to be removed from the trial. I said I did not want my husband to die and he had a better chance with Ivermectin and HCQ instead along with IV nutrition.
The next day I was told Dan was not getting Ivermectin. The hospital Medical Director and Pharmacy Director had forbidden Ivermectin to be used in their hospital. I later found out from the Patient Advocacy office that a memo went out the day before forbidding any doctor on hospital campus or off from prescribing Ivermectin to patients. I have a copy of this hospital memo. I also learned Ky state pharmacy board also refused to let pharmacies fill scripts for Ivermectin if it was for Covid. I asked for an Ethics Committee Review and was also denied.
I fought daily for my husband, even while I was also sick with Covid. My NP prescribed budesonide for me and I nebulized it for one day and also had Ivermectin. I was better couple days. I had many discussions with Dan’s doctors trying to convince them to give him the high dose IV nutrition along with budesonide nebulized.
The doctor who tried to work with me agreed to order nebulized budesonide for my husband but Dan was only given for a few times a day for about 3 days if memory serves. I found out that this doctor’s orders were changed by other doctors on Dan’s team in ICU. This was frustrating. My husband became very depressed from isolation. He refused to speak with his closest friends. My daughters tried to continually speak with him.
My nurse daughter was allowed to sneak into his room to see him after her shift I believe daily. She did her best to protect and encourage him to eat and stay positive. Dan had no appetite and his oxygen was increased and he had to wear a Bi Pap mask also while he slept. This continued to wear him down and frustrate him.
We had a couple of phone conversations but I didn’t tell him i was sick nor let on that I was seeking legal advice about the hospital refusal of Ivermectin. Dan’s doctors continually pushed Remdesivir and other EUA drugs. They even pushed the vent several times when his oxygen level dipped. Dan told me the doctors mentioned me several times about my being difficult wife.
While Dan was fighting for his life I was negotiating refund of reservations with airlines and hotel venue by August 31st, because my youngest daughter was supposed to wed on September 4, 2021 in Colombia . You can imagine my stress level .
I also consulted my former boss, an attorney whom I’d not spoken with in 45 years, to see if he could help me get Dan Ivermectin. The attorney agreed to help me but because was part time, I would have to type up the complaint. So, while still not well, and fighting the doctors, and the airlines and hotel for wedding refunds.
I began working on the court Complaint for my husband. Just as we were almost ready to file, my husband called and he seemed to feel better and had turned a corner. So I discussed with attorney. Attorney said that it was unlikely we would be successful and that the Court complaint filing could bring the media down on my daughter and would either get her fired or worse cut her off from her dad. So, I decided to hold off thinking Dan had turned a corner and would be coming home possibly.
Then my girls and I were allowed to visit Dan on night of Thursday September 2nd. We had to sign paper that we would not request to see or be with Dan for two weeks after our visit. We also had to sign saying were vaxxed. We gladly signed the papers. I am not vaxxed but all three of my daughters are. I didn’t care. Nothing was stopping me from seeing my husband.
We had a good visit and thought we had done a good job of encouraging Dan to keep thinking positive and to eat despite lack of appetite. He agreed and seemed confidant. Later that night, though, Dan became agitated, called for the night nurse and told him he was “Done and wanted to die” and to call me and his daughter (nurse) and help him pull everything. This was 1:00 a.m. on Friday , September 3rd. At 7:00 am my 3 daughters and I rushed to be with my husband. He gave us his last wishes for his funeral and cremation, and to distribute his ashes in the ocean. We expressed our love for him and prayed over him as he was disconnected from everything and then given palliative care drugs to keep him comfortable. We spent 4 hours watching him, praying and crying as he slipped away from us forever. We are still devastated.
I requested Dan’s medical records and after couple weeks I received 2 stacks. I am not positive I have complete records. I asked a NP I’d just met before Dan died to look at his medical records. She did not know Dan so I felt would be an objective point of view. She only had time to go through one stack but basically told me that Dan was neglected and not given proper treatment for his blood clots and that seemed to her I had grounds for a malpractice lawsuit. I have not been able to do this for several reasons. I need to consult with you and see what is possible.
Thank you for allowing me to share my story of my spouse, Dan. My heart is still in a million pieces even though I am trying to go about life and be strong especially for my daughters and grandchildren. I have been slowly speaking with my daughters about what happened. I have also spoken with several very close friends and told them Dan’s experience so as to warn them to stay away from hospitals if at all possible. I have a deep faith that God will judge those responsible for Dan’s death in the final days even if I can’t have justice for Dan on this earth now. I am not a vengeful person but this has to stop. I just learned of another family who lost their loved one to hospital protocol and they want to sue. I have shared this website with them and will continue to do so.